Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Thoughts on Therapy

Today's a slow day. So I have a therapist. She's really cool. It's like having a friend who listens to you, who tells you you're not crazy and who gives you a tissue if you cry—only for $125 an hour. Funny, that's what all my friends already do. But she does help me see things in a new light, so my sanity's worth it. Three things to work on this week:

1. Be a minimalist. It means that when I do interviews, talk to friends, and express my innermost thoughts to boys I dig, I should say less. I tend to ramble, and that's no surprise. Apparently, this makes me look as if I have little confidence, b/c I'm constantly making up for something stupid I just said, in turn, making it a bigger deal than it really was. Damn, she's good.

2. Say "Thank you." When someone says my skirt is uber-cute, it's better that I say "thank you," and not "Yeah right, it makes me look fat."

3. Limit my alcoholic intake. This makes my love handles large. It makes me stupid. It makes me get kicked out of New York nightclubs and wonder why ghetto boys call me at 5 a.m. Yeah, she's got a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Online Marketing