Friday, September 17, 2010

NY Fashion Week 2010: Alice + Olivia


As written for iheartheels.com
Always a Fashion Week favorite, Alice + Olivia's Spring 2011 presentation was by far the most stunning spectacle of the week-long event, in my little opinion. Decor was sparse in the spacious warehouse-like venue of NYC's Cedar Lake, but the energy knew no bounds. Only the essentials were present — row upon row of brightly colored mixed drinks, a glittering platform filled with paparazzi near the red carpet (assembled for only the most influential of arrivals — Nicky Hilton, Denise Richards, Mad Men's Elizabeth Moss, among others) and a DJ booth where one of my personal favorites was spinning tunes, Gabe Saporta of Cobra Starship.


Oh. And one minor detail. Toward the back of the venue was a stage that  resembled some sort of retro-style burlesque parlor. I fell in love  with what I saw. Model after model wearing quirky-glam confections of sparkles, lace, ruffles and feathers, mixed with the brightest of colors and boldest of prints. Picture last year's bohemian-hippie obsession on crack with a sprinkle of ultra-feminine details. Carrie Bradshaw but way cooler. Handkerchief hems, high waists and big, oversized accessories. Oh. My.


The models resembled the cool girls from the 1970s (Milla Jovovich, Dazed & Confused, thankyouverymuch), but with a whisper of innocence clouding their strong presence. Soft hair and coral-colored pouts, courtesy of Ric Pipino for Revolution In Cut and MAC Cosmetics, respectively. At the end of the night, in her usual fashion, A+O designer Stacey Bendet left me wanting more.

Photos by Tina Smithers

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE A&O and am such a fan of Stacy Bendet. This collection definitely was all I hoped it would be!

    I'm a new follower, love your blog! Here's mine :) www.tastesandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! Your blog is super cute, too. Followed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete

 
Online Marketing